At Kahn Zack Ehrlich Lithwick LLP, we know our firm’s strength is our people. Our lawyers and staff are dedicated people whose focus is to provide our clients with the highest quality legal services. KZEL first opened its doors over 40 years ago and has grown into a dynamic and successful full-service firm, while maintaining the same core values: excellence, collegiality and adaptability.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Corporate Paralegal to join our team.
- The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing corporate documents for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations, name changes, alterations, amalgamations, restorations, dissolutions and other related documents;
- Assisting lawyers with the preparation of legal documents relating to all stages of complex corporate transitions, including section 85 rollovers, section 86 share exchanges and private mergers and acquisitions;
- Preparing and filing documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada;
- Assembling documents for BC societies and federal not-for-profit corporations;
- Conducting records book reviews and preparing documents to correct records book deficiencies;
- Attending to filings with the BC Registrar of Companies and Corporations Canada.
- 5+ years of corporate experience as a legal administrative assistant and/or paralegal;
- Experience with ALF Corporate system, ideally at an administrator level;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Worldox or a similar document management system required;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills;
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment to meet deadlines;
- Strong technical skills.
We provide competitive remuneration and benefit programs as well as a friendly, supportive work environment. We offer group extended health and dental coverage as well as an RRSP plan to which employees are encouraged to contribute. When physical distancing requirements permit, the firm also holds regular staff social events, which we believe contributes to our friendly, family like atmosphere.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the job title in the subject line and a summary of your applicable experience in the body of the email.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.