At KZEL, our firm’s strength is our people. Our core values are excellence, collegiality, and adaptability, which are taken into account in all the work that we do. KZEL’s distinguished and highly educated team of lawyers and staff serve everyone from individuals to businesses to everything in between.
Our lawyers and staff are dedicated to providing clients with the highest quality legal services in a family-like atmosphere where they can grow and build their careers.
We're always looking for the right individuals to join our team of highly-skilled professionals.
We are currently seeking a full-time Corporate Paralegal/Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team. KZEL provides a competitive compensation, extended health and dental benefits, paid time off as well as a friendly, diverse, and supportive work environment.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
· Preparing corporate documents for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations/ reorganizations, name changes,
alterations, amalgamations, restorations, dissolutions, transparency registers and other related documents;
· Assisting lawyers with the preparation of legal documents relating to all stages of complex corporate transitions and private mergers and acquisitions;
· Preparing and filing documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada;
· Assembling documents for BC societies and federal not-for-profit corporations;
· Conducting records book reviews and preparing documents to correct records book deficiencies;
· Attending to filings with the BC Registrar of Companies and Corporations Canada.
· 3-5 years of corporate experience as a legal administrative assistant and/or paralegal;
· Experience with ALF Corporate system;
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Worldox or a similar document management system required;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Excellent organizational skills;
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time effectively;
· Self-motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills;
· Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
· Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment to meet deadlines;
· Strong technical skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com in confidence, including the job title in the subject line and a summary of your applicable experience in the body of the email.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.