At Kahn Zack Ehrlich Lithwick LLP we know our firm’s strength is in our people. We are a full-service law firm comprised of a dedicated group of individuals whose focus is to provide our clients with the highest quality legal services.
We are currently seeking a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant to join our civil litigation practice group.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting and preparing letters, memos, and correspondence from dictation or hard copy as directed by legal professionals;
- Drafting and preparing basic pleadings and other court documents as directed by legal professionals;
- Filing pleadings through Court Services Online or via agents;
- Preparing for trial and court hearings, including organizing documents in preparation for trial and preparing and filing application and hearing records;
- Assisting with photocopying, binding, scanning, faxing, file opening and file closing;
- Requesting file documents from clients and opposing counsel;
- Maintaining client files;
- Billing and taking payments from clients; and
- Interacting with clients, and coordinating client meetings.
- 5+ years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant with experience in litigation (civil and/or commercial litigation, construction, strata property, debt collection);
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Worldox or a similar document management system required;
- Strong client service orientation;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and technical skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills;
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment; and
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume via email to email@example.com, including the job title in the subject line and a summary of your applicable experience in the body of the email.
Kahn Zack Ehrlich Lithwick LLP provides a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a friendly, diverse, and supportive work environment.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.